AUSTIN, TXDrummond Group Inc., the trusted software testing lab, is one of the first to be approved by the Health and Human Services, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC) to be an ONC-Authorized Testing and Certification Body (ONC-ATCB) to certify Complete EHRs and all EHR Modules for both ambulatory and inpatient settings. Eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) participating in Medicare and Medicaid programs to collect incentive payments through meaningful use of electronic health record (EHR) technology must use EHR technology certified by an ONC-ATCB.
“Drummond Group has been working diligently for many months to meet the stringent criteria set forth by ONC to become certified as an ONC-ATCB, and we are very pleased that ONC has recognized our efforts and our competency to be an approved testing and certification body,” says Rik Drummond, CEO Drummond Group Inc. “We are pleased to offer over ten years of software testing and certification experience in other industries to Healthcare. After executing several pilots on existing EHR products and working with industry consultants, our organization is more than prepared to test and certify healthcare products.”
“The ONC accreditation is an acknowledgement that Drummond Group is fully qualified to meet the needs of EHR meaningful use stage one testing and certification. We highly commend the work of ONC and their accreditation process which tested the details of our testing and certification process and our industry knowledge. Having started new tests with other industries, we found this approval process to be the most demanding and the most thorough we have encountered. With our approval as an ONC-ATCB, EHR vendors and implementers can have full confidence in our testing and certification services, and we look forward to beginning testing with the many EHR software companies that have contacted us.”
To learn more about Drummond Group’s EHR testing and certification program including test registration and related pricing, please visit:http://www.drummondgroup.com/
For more information on ONC’s ATCB program, please visit:
About Drummond Group Inc.
Drummond Group Inc. (DGI) is the trusted interoperability test lab which works with standards groups, software/firmware vendors and industry groups to drive adoption of standards by offering global interoperability, conformance testing and certification. DGI facilitates these testing services under association-branded certification programs and its own Drummond Certified(R) program. Founded in 1999, DGI also represents best-of-breed in strategic interoperability consulting recognizing the challenges of interoperability for industry over the product life cycle.
- DGI provides interoperability certification for M2M or business-to-business (B2B) standards which are used for the Fortune 500 financial information flow, representing billions of dollars per year. Cyber security of data transfer is critically tested.
- DGI manages the KANTARA INITIATIVE Global Interoperability Test Program for Identity information exchange for the US government and the other global leaders in identity.
- DGI facilitates software audits of the Controlled Substance Ordering System (CSOS) software managed in compliance with the DEA regulations.
- Drummond Certified(R) software and firmware is required in RFP’s around the globe to ensure seamless, secure, interoperable products which make implementation easy, thereby significantly reducing costs.
- DGI was recently awarded two Department of Energy stimulus funded Smart Grid demonstration projects. DGI’s role in both projects relates to the interoperability and certification of Smart Grid technology.